Free to Air Satellite Forums (Asia Pacific) - Sponsored by aDigitaLife.com Audio Visual Suppliers

Go Back   Free to Air Satellite Forums (Asia Pacific) - Sponsored by aDigitaLife.com Audio Visual Suppliers > Hardware > Dishes

Old 06-08-2008, 12:22 AM   #1
Maxxi

LNB Setting for Chinasat 6B

I've got 2 dish, one small dish with ku band connected to optus d1 (optus d1 is now working) and one 2.3m dish with c band trying to tune chinasat 6b, 2 cables are connected to Diseqc switch (shown below) connected to Digitlink 1210 receiver,(setting shown below). What cofiguration do I use to tune chinasat 6b satellite?

Click image for larger version

Name:	dis.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	6592

Name:	lnb.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	6593

Name:	antenna1.JPG
Views:	349
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	6594

Name:	antenna2.JPG
Views:	291
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	6595

Name:	antenna3.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	6596
Maxxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:16 AM   #2
kiwibird

Do you know where 6B is relative to your location ? If not I would suggest you head to www.dishpointer.com and input your location and the satellite name. It will show you how low this sat is for us kiwis. If your dish can acquire this sat I would suggest you lose the switch in the meantime until you find the satellite and scan the transponders into your receiver. I am personally not familiar with you stb so don't know whether it has a blind scan feature but other forum members will certainly enlighten us both. This should get you started at least. What is your location incidentally ?
kiwibird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:34 AM   #3
Maxxi

Thanks for you suggestion. I knew the dishpointer website, and checked it, chinasat 6b is located at 169.9 degree and 15.8 elevation. I have adjusted the dish to that position, but manually input the TP into the setting, (got to tp from lyngsat.com) scanned it, but no signal. I think is either my dish is not aiming at the right direction, or lnb is not at the right angle, or receiver setting is not right? any suggestion?
Maxxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:41 AM   #4
buckingham

this one need to face northwest more west and the dish will have 30drgee angle, do u live in syd ,2.3M is really easy for china6b ,if you wanna know how to make two satellite (6b and 3s)together and dont need the motor ,you can contact me 0420824679
buckingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:28 AM   #5
Ocean
Dr. Fixit

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckingham View Post
this one need to face northwest more west and the dish will have 30drgee angle, do u live in syd ,2.3M is really easy for china6b ,if you wanna know how to make two satellite (6b and 3s)together and dont need the motor ,you can contact me 0420824679
Information regarding multi-LNB setups is available on this site, the information is better done in the open on this site and not by a private enterprise.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:48 AM   #6
BeepeeNZ

I have the same set up as you down to the switch. I did as Kiwibird said scanned in the tps only on the c band lnb then hook up to switch after. If your dish is a mesh type check your focal depth on the lnb ( Same as I have) and set the depth to '39' and the skew is about 47 deg clockwise from 0 deg horizontal.Also check vert and horiz polarity when checking the TP, I am almost there with the lnb setup, went from about 20 channels to about 45 on the settings I used. Hope it helps.
BeepeeNZ is offline   Reply With Quote