Free to Air Satellite Forums (Asia Pacific) - Sponsored by aDigitaLife.com Audio Visual Suppliers

Go Back   Free to Air Satellite Forums (Asia Pacific) - Sponsored by aDigitaLife.com Audio Visual Suppliers > Hardware > Actuators/Positioners

Old 20-02-2011, 08:18 AM   #1
lanky9

replacing acuator on 2.3 metre dish

recently I had a professional set up my c-band 2.3 metre dish onto intelsat 8 c but I have a worn out actuator that turns the big dish, I would like to change the old one to the new actuator myself if there is any guide or instruction how to change the actuator and keep the existing setting for the intelsat 8 c Also how to make sure that dish turns according to the satellites in the sky, any advice would be appreciated.
lanky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 12:05 PM   #2
kenny

Hi lanky9,
Changing the Acuator should not alter any major settings except those relating to the actuator. If you replace it with the same size and brand it should be fairly easy. Mark the old actuator at the clamp before removing it.(If you do this you should fairly close to your satellite positions)
Actuators usually come with instructions on how to set limit switches etc.
kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 07:13 AM   #3
lanky9

actuator which wires to put into the rght sockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny View Post
Hi lanky9,
Changing the Acuator should not alter any major settings except those relating to the actuator. If you replace it with the same size and brand it should be fairly easy. Mark the old actuator at the clamp before removing it.(If you do this you should fairly close to your satellite positions)
Actuators usually come with instructions on how to set limit switches etc.
I want to know which sockets are the correct one to put into for the motor and the sensor I will try and upload photo of the current switches
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	23022011075.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	553.6 KB
ID:	7979  
lanky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 10:55 AM   #4
kenny

You should be able to work it out from this one.
kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #5
Eddy39

Are ALL actuators working on the same voltage?, I thought I saw a while back that some are 12 volt whilst others are as much as 36 volts Especially the heavy duty 36inches for the BUD? or am I wrong -again?. If they could be on different voltage would that mean that some brand of positioners may not work with some actuators????
BTW... there is usually a diagram of where the wiring for sensor/motor - inside the cap of the actuator
Eddy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #6
masebadi

can some one help me please. where to get manual for EZ2000 poistionar thank you
masebadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #7
saldav1

Actuator arm position.

I have just installed an actuator and positioner which have been set to Asiasat 5. The motor works fine and turns the dish. I am just wondering once I have one satellite setting will the rest of the satellites then follow through obviously at different longitude settings once you have received and set them in place?
Another question is the LNB setting. I have it set for Asiasat 5 at a good receiving level. Will these settings on the LNB get something of Asiasat 3. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.
saldav1 is offline   Reply With Quote