PDA

View Full Version : software to change gtv decoder into free to air

gsm wizard
01-02-2009, 03:28 PM
hello guys,can you help me about this problem,i have a gtv decoder and dish.i would like to change it into a free to air decoder.how can i do this?help me about this

gsm wizard
01-02-2009, 03:34 PM
my decoder has is a CDVB5668 DIGITAL SATELLITE RECEIVER.plz help its argent.i wanna watch atleast some chanals like bbc or cnn

Tom-Tom
02-02-2009, 04:06 AM
do you own it or is it owned by the pay tv provider?
Have you googled it?

i gave the model a quick search and got nothing

gsm wizard
02-02-2009, 07:37 AM
do you own it or is it owned by the pay tv provider?
Have you googled it?

i gave the model a quick search and got nothing

i own it nw coz i paid for it and now the pay tv providers have closed.they wont give out services anymore.so its useless to me here.thats why i wanna change it.can you help me sir?

Tom-Tom
02-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Never used a coship box before, but assuming you are 100% sure the box is yours and not in any way rented by the pay company, apparently there is an engineering menu that can be accessed with the code 1978 this will then allow you to retune the box to an Fta channel you like.

Asking about how to "unlock a pay tv box" is strictly forbidden on these forums as laid out in the rules so i am only helping you under the provision that this is used for FTA Channels ONLY

This will not allow you to receive any encrypted channels, the box will just function as a normal fta receiver.

I just found this info from searching so it might not work.

As i said all you have to do is google Coship CDVB5668 and you can help yourself

gsm wizard
02-02-2009, 04:35 PM
the code you tell me doesnt work when i try to enter it.it gives me wrong code is this code the engineering password.it still say wrong code

Tom-Tom
02-02-2009, 08:38 PM
the code you tell me doesnt work when i try to enter it.it gives me wrong code is this code the engineering password.it still say wrong code

As i said, i have never seen or used one of these box's, i found this just by using google.

There is alot of information out there, all you have to do is search.
possibly you could ring the provider of the box?

gaga
03-02-2009, 09:56 AM

It is true the code is 1978. when inserting this code you will find one code already inserted by manufactures. Do not delete that one. punch 1 the original code will move to second place. Neglete that code until you finish 1978 you will see it will work. Try it and comeback.

sentongo
03-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Never used a coship box before, but assuming you are 100% sure the box is yours and not in any way rented by the pay company, apparently there is an engineering menu that can be accessed with the code 1978 this will then allow you to retune the box to an Fta channel you like.
This will not allow you to receive any encrypted channels, the box will just function as a normal fta receiver.

I recently bought the same type of equipment (one month ago) and I am now stuck with a useless decoder since the company (Gateway Broadcast Services - GTV) liquidated and closed shop recently, I believe thousands of us in Africa are now owning useless equipment and no one is willing to refund fees for the equipment and subscription we had paid in advance.

I am also trying to find ways of changing this now useless decoder to an FTA receiver but it seems like only five FTA transponders were initially set up on it and there is no way of adding others at least by using the software that was installed on the decoder. ( currently I can view a few FTA stations that are not even English speaking so you can imagine the agony I am going through). I came to this conclusion after trying out the engineering password method but I didn't see any where one can change FTA settings

Is there any kind software one can use to re-flash these settings because I can see a R232 port at the back of the decoder that I assume can be connected to a PC running some kind of software.

Any suggestions will highly be appreciated other wise we have been ripped off

Apsattv
03-02-2009, 04:24 PM
I would say there would be nothing non standard or special about the actual receiver. So all you need to do is find compatible software for it and flash it.

If its obviously a Coship unit, then try the firmware upgrade tools available ?

Apsattv
04-02-2009, 05:47 AM
I did some checking it seems the unit handles NDS Videoguard. So I expect they were using a customized firmware for their service.

The Coship site lists no firmware download for that particular model.

Agamat30
04-02-2009, 01:06 PM
I had also got this decorder,i just want to be using it for FTA channels! I saw SSentongo on this website saying he is already getting some channels,can some one help me also in seeting this!! Did he mean he is getting using these same GTV decorders or some thing else!

Iam amazed the way GTV is quiet,no statement....no nothing....and even our governments are quiet,cant they force these guys to make a statement partaining our fate!! We have been duped!! May be they could help us change these useless gadgets to FTA receivers because we baught them and we own them,we infact have documents to show for this!!!!!!

I had also got a mediamaster 9660s nokia FTA decorder which also crushed while downloading software on it using a null moden cable! It now shows 00:00,then Odl,then 1281,then "SELF" and this keeps blinking all the time!Can some one help me in flashing it!

Agamat30
04-02-2009, 01:14 PM
I recently bought the same type of equipment (one month ago) and I am now stuck with a useless decoder since the company (Gateway Broadcast Services - GTV) liquidated and closed shop recently, I believe thousands of us in Africa are now owning useless equipment and no one is willing to refund fees for the equipment and subscription we had paid in advance.

I am also trying to find ways of changing this now useless decoder to an FTA receiver but it seems like only five FTA transponders were initially set up on it and there is no way of adding others at least by using the software that was installed on the decoder. ( currently I can view a few FTA stations that are not even English speaking so you can imagine the agony I am going through). I came to this conclusion after trying out the engineering password method but I didn't see any where one can change FTA settings

Is there any kind software one can use to re-flash these settings because I can see a R232 port at the back of the decoder that I assume can be connected to a PC running some kind of software.

Any suggestions will highly be appreciated other wise we have been ripped off

Sentongo,do you mean you are already watching some fta channels using the GTV decorder? Please tell us more of how you did this because i have reached the engineering password but cant still watch them even when they are showing,there are transponder frequencies which are already installed!!!
Be back to me on +256770510879

Agamat30
04-02-2009, 01:15 PM
can you tell me if your already using the GTV for FTA channels as your claiming to be already watching some fta non english channels

Agamat30
04-02-2009, 01:17 PM
I had also got this decorder,i just want to be using it for FTA channels! I saw SSentongo on this website saying he is already getting some channels,can some one help me also in seeting this!! Did he mean he is getting using these same GTV decorders or some thing else!

Iam amazed the way GTV is quiet,no statement....no nothing....and even our governments are quiet,cant they force these guys to make a statement partaining our fate!! We have been duped!! May be they could help us change these useless gadgets to FTA receivers because we baught them and we own them,we infact have documents to show for this!!!!!!

I had also got a mediamaster 9660s nokia FTA decorder which also crushed while downloading software on it using a null moden cable! It now shows 00:00,then Odl,then 1281,then "SELF" and this keeps blinking all the time!Can some one help me in flashing it!

Sky_Satt
04-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Agamat30, Postings only need to be done once not 4 times your friend sentogo is not online, once he is next time he logs in he may respond to your request!

sentongo
05-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Sentongo,do you mean you are already watching some fta channels using the GTV decorder? Please tell us more of how you did this because i have reached the engineering password but cant still watch them even when they are showing,there are transponder frequencies which are already installed!!!
Be back to me on +256770510879

6 FTA transponders were initially set up on the decoder by the manufacturers (or GTV I believe) and there is no way of removing these or adding new ones. when you scan them you get a couple of FTA Radio stations and you don't need the enginneering password to do this.

Just do the following; press the menu key to go the settings screen, navigate to FTA scan and select it by pressing OK(it is at the bottom of the column that has advanced settings), once you are in the FTA scan screen you will see the 6 transponders that are already set up, select all of them by pressing ok as you navigate down (a tick will appear on each as you press ok), after selecting all of them press the scan button(red button on the remote). when the scan is complete you see a list of TV and radio stations which are viewable after exiting settings. This only works if your account was still active at the time of GTV closure and the smart card must be inside the decoder.

sentongo
05-02-2009, 09:53 AM

I had also got a mediamaster 9660s nokia FTA decorder which also crushed while downloading ...

I am now through with these service providers, I dont want to switch to DSTV, who knows what might happen to them? My focus now is FTA and since you are Ugandan can you please direct me to a shop in kampala that sells good quality FTA receivers and at what price, I will be glad for your response.

Agamat30
05-02-2009, 05:36 PM
I am now through with these service providers, I dont want to switch to DSTV, who knows what might happen to them? My focus now is FTA and since you are Ugandan can you please direct me to a shop in kampala that sells good quality FTA receivers and at what price, I will be glad for your response.

Sentongo,you can get these decorders at Master Electronics just at the corner after grand imperial (Bombo road),Noor Ltd (Bombo road),speedo electronics (Kiyembe lane) and many more.The prices you can get from there!! I tried,iam also getting around six fake (as i dont hear the languages)
channels! Thanks for the innovation,i also just wanted to get fta,period,i was in dstv and was ripped of my decorder when i took it there to be repaired! Iam stuck with tha card,they need around 240k for a new one,when they cant even get me my old one!!!!!!!!!! You can see!!

Broadcaster
06-02-2009, 07:02 AM
Guys we know that the demise of GTV has caused you pain and heartache, however as the decoders require a verifier and an OTA Upgrade to operate on a free to air basis, be patient we are working on a plan to fix and ensure you have TV to watch. Mess with the box and you will not be able to use it ever!

Save your money, wait two weeks and watch the press.

:)

Agamat30
06-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Guys we know that the demise of GTV has caused you pain and heartache, however as the decoders require a verifier and an OTA Upgrade to operate on a free to air basis, be patient we are working on a plan to fix and ensure you have TV to watch. Mess with the box and you will not be able to use it ever!

Save your money, wait two weeks and watch the press.

:)

That is good man assuming your real,my problem is why should you wait when we have destroyed the decorders without communicating! The message should have been sent to viewers and told to be patient,but we were treated as if we dont matter,cutting off the signal even without a warning!
Our fingers crossed we wait,but still we shall be trying to make use of these now useless gadgets we baught the way we think is better!!

Mkenya
06-02-2009, 03:30 PM
i have managed to get 22 Tv and 4 radio channels with the Gtv decoder but they are all west african probably due to the direction the dish is facing

sentongo
06-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Sentongo,you can get these decorders at Master Electronics just at the corner after grand imperial (Bombo road),Noor Ltd (Bombo road),speedo electronics (Kiyembe lane) and many more.The prices you can get from there!! I tried,iam also getting around six fake (as i dont hear the languages)
channels! Thanks for the innovation,i also just wanted to get fta,period,i was in dstv and was ripped of my decorder when i took it there to be repaired! Iam stuck with tha card,they need around 240k for a new one,when they cant even get me my old one!!!!!!!!!! You can see!!

Thanx for the info man I will check them out soon. Is this "broadcaster" guy for real or he is just playing around with us? Please communicate to us officially that you are trying out something other wise "twakowa".

Ocean
07-02-2009, 03:06 AM
This thread is moving away from any relation to FTA, but look at post #22 which I moved here from Satellite Chat.

Otherwise......... "Wait two weeks and watch the press" ...

Agamat30
07-02-2009, 10:11 AM
i have managed to get 22 Tv and 4 radio channels with the Gtv decoder but they are all west african probably due to the direction the dish is facing

Mkenya,can you help us and tell us how!!!!are you still using the same transponders which came with the GTV decorder!!! please ceck the transponders your using,may be this could help us also! At the moment,we can only get around five to six channels!!! Thank you for the innovation!!

If only we could have some english channels,i dont know if these tvs have no language option!!!

Agamat30
07-02-2009, 10:14 AM
This thread is moving away from any relation to FTA, but look at post #22 which I moved here from Satellite Chat.

Otherwise......... "Wait two weeks and watch the press" ...

Did you get the details of the fixing,!! Are the same transponders being used or some thing different!!!same satellite???? Get us details!!!

Ocean
07-02-2009, 12:14 PM
I have no idea what will happen - I simply repeated what poster *Broadcaster wrote in his post, and I cannot confirm its validity, however the poster's IP resolves to Zambia.

You will have to wait and see what happens or make enquiries yourself in your country - I can't even see your satellite.

vandalgsm
19-02-2009, 07:41 PM
please can you assit me to get those free chanel is urgent and thanks in advance

vivgem
23-02-2009, 08:04 AM
press menu,go to advanced setting input password 1978,then press the yellow button on the remote input the transpoder frequencies you want depending on the satellite you are pointing you can input AS many as 200 diffrent transpoder so as to achieve a high number of channels esp arabsat 26.and 30.

ugasat
04-03-2009, 12:53 PM
press menu,go to advanced setting input password 1978,then press the yellow button on the remote input the transpoder frequencies you want depending on the satellite you are pointing you can input AS many as 200 diffrent transpoder so as to achieve a high number of channels esp arabsat 26.and 30.

I have done all that vivgem suggested but still no FTA channels. The receiver actually accepts everything, it even searches the new tps but always comes up with nothing despite showing good signal. What next?

gaga
06-03-2009, 09:46 AM

Do not go to scan all. but go to scan FTA only you will get a number of free channels. on the same GTV satellitte you can get other more channels by adding frequencies to your decoder. when you are not the ADVANCED SETTING to SAT INSTALLITION to FTA then Add frequency. The decoder tells you how to. it can tell you press green to to this. do that. Get frequencies on www.Satcodx1.com. Play with it you want damage it by adding frequencies. But make sure that you are adding on the default satellitte not new one. gives us feedback please. The password is 1978.

Agamat30
06-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Do not go to scan all. but go to scan FTA only you will get a number of free channels. on the same GTV satellitte you can get other more channels by adding frequencies to your decoder. when you are not the ADVANCED SETTING to SAT INSTALLITION to FTA then Add frequency. The decoder tells you how to. it can tell you press green to to this. do that. Get frequencies on www.Satcodx1.com. Play with it you want damage it by adding frequencies. But make sure that you are adding on the default satellitte not new one. gives us feedback please. The password is 1978.

Yaah man,iam getting some channels but they are all on vertical andt seems that channels for horizontal dont go in!! Please update me on this otherwise thanks for the good work!! but iam just even getting close to six channels,how many channels in earnest are you getting?? on which satellite? Thanks!!!!!

Agamat30
06-03-2009, 04:07 PM

Yaah man,iam getting some channels but they are all on vertical and it seems that channels for horizontal dont go in!! Please update me on this otherwise thanks for the good work!! but iam just even getting close to six channels,how many channels in earnest are you getting?? on which satellite? Thanks!!!!!

taiwo
07-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Yaah man,iam getting some channels but they are all on vertical and it seems that channels for horizontal dont go in!! Please update me on this otherwise thanks for the good work!! but iam just even getting close to six channels,how many channels in earnest are you getting?? on which satellite? Thanks!!!!

What if by the time of GTV closer, my account was inactive, is there a possibility of getting other channelslike you people??

taiwo
07-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Sentongo, what if by the time of GTV closer, the account was inactive is there any other possibility of getting this decorder usefull??

Tom-Tom
09-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Guys you have got to calm down and stop posting everything 3 times, Its giving me a headache :p

Ocean
09-03-2009, 01:15 PM
This thread will completely disappear if any breeze comes up.....:)

mkwatis
01-04-2009, 03:43 PM
@Apsattv;
There is some downloader for the other Coship receiver but not yet model 5668

tozo
03-05-2009, 04:01 PM
please am in Ghana,ive tried many times to change my gtv decoder to free to air by doing the FTA scan but it's not working,the quality side does not move,i have also used the 1978 code many times to try and change it but it is to no avail,please and please help me by giving me the procedure to get this free to channels.

Agamat30
19-05-2009, 06:22 PM
please am in Ghana,ive tried many times to change my gtv decoder to free to air by doing the FTA scan but it's not working,the quality side does not move,i have also used the 1978 code many times to try and change it but it is to no avail,please and please help me by giving me the procedure to get this free to channels.

Friends,thanks for the contineous helps....i can now get up to 14 channels on my GTV decorder!
I however wish to ask any knowledgable person......can this particular decorder receive tv channels from c-band beams??Ihave been wondering if it can as i want to set it on intelsat 906!!! what cud be the setttings for the LNB?? WAITING FOR YOU GUYS!

anthony afful
30-05-2009, 08:43 PM
hello guys,can you help me about this problem,i have a gtv decoder and dish.i would like to change it into a free to air decoder.how can i do this?help me about this please help me

tozo
07-06-2009, 04:12 PM
please help me

Hi,please try and help me out here,by your help i have managed to get the free to air channels but i am not able to watch, the decoder says i should contact GTV before,please is it because i went off before GTV going of or i have to fix something first,please help me out,PLEASSSSSSSSSE.

fr4nkli
12-06-2009, 05:34 PM
I think guys we are not getting solution over this issue GTV.Any one to proove me wrong?

gaga
26-06-2009, 09:21 AM
Sentongo, what if by the time of GTV closer, the account was inactive is there any other possibility of getting this decorder usefull??

You do not need even a card to watch free to air on GTV decoders.

For those who are getting vertical channels only it depends on your LNB alignment. If you turn it clock wise the LNB only not the whole dish those channels may change to be on Horizontal. Check www.satcodx1.com. Make sure that the channels which are on horizontal on satcodx are also horizontal on your decoder then you have the right alignment.

The satellittes which you can watch free on this decoder are on 7 degrees East and on 4.8 East using one dish, one LNB but setting it in between those two satellites. (Eutelsat W3A on 7E and Sirus 4 on 4.8E)

ENJOY.

shaaban
01-05-2010, 07:10 AM
hi
i have gtv receiver cdvb5668 when you switch it on, it shows 8888888 kindly is there any software that i can flash my receiver n works again.
thanks

gaga
21-05-2010, 01:14 PM
hi
i have gtv receiver cdvb5668 when you switch it on, it shows 8888888 kindly is there any software that i can flash my receiver n works again.
thanks

On Sirus 4.8 there was a new software which after upgrading you need to pay some money in RSA to give you activation code. Your decorder will turn into HD receiver. I am looking for this company. Its is called free2view.

mubarak t
03-06-2010, 02:38 PM
i cant turn the nit off on my receiver.i am using gtv(gbs) coship 5668 receiver.can anyone help me.

Ocean
04-06-2010, 03:19 AM
i cant turn the nit off on my receiver.i am using gtv(gbs) coship 5668 receiver.can anyone help me.

Why do you need to turn network search off ?

If unwanted channels are scanned in just delete them.

Aldeto
04-06-2010, 04:30 AM
Yes, why turn the NIT "OFF" ,it doesn't matter wether for me!! as long as it scans and stores the channels,doesn't bother me!!as long as the box deliver the goods..It doesn't worry me!Lol!

asremosh
24-12-2010, 02:07 PM
hi I have a problem in my decoder I mean in my services provider stop the system how can i use the decoder pleas give me the idea to use

milward
29-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Any luck with GTV decoders out their dearly wants to use it as a free to air box

Alenno
27-01-2012, 09:17 AM
hello guys,can you help me about this problem,i have a gtv decoder and dish.i would like to change it into a free to air decoder.how can i do this?help me about this

By the way have you now got any information on how we can turn this receiver coz am also havin a similar problem and has tried to check on the net of softwares but cannt get any