PDA

View Full Version : Any Satellite Receiver Works With Astro Dish?

coolhot
06-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Hello Guys I Need Help
I got Astro ( Malaysia's No 1 Crap Sat...)
I wanna Know If there is any Receiver/decoder that can scan for FTA channels so that i can use ...please if you got any idea ... share it with me thank you

Irene
Malaysia

sholom
06-07-2007, 01:15 PM
there are lots of receivers that can scan for FTA channels but you will get nothing with the Astro dish. You could get a bigger dish.

big mick000
07-07-2007, 01:36 AM
most FTA recievers will work on that sort of thing. i recommend leaving your dish as is and getting a FTA reciever and setting it up with your dish's existing settings just for practise on navigating a satellite recievers menu. when you have got the free channels that are available and you feel confident, try getting a satfinder and finding another satellite.

http://www.lyngsat.com/mea3.html

measat3 is in the same position as measat1 so you will not have to move your dish. when you get a FTA reciever try some of the frequencies listed in the above link.

best of luck.

hasni
27-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Irene,I have a similar question posted today.If I am not mistaken,Astro transmission by the two Measats satellites are encrypted and you have to unencrypt by using a decoder or card reader.I don't know much but how to do it.Still trying to get the right information through this forum Any member willing to give a good guidelines how to go about.FTA receivers may not able to get the subscribed channels,perhaps,if am not mistaken,the Intergrated Card Reader Receiver may do the job but still needs the right information. Anybody please help.

Hello Guys I Need Help
I got Astro ( Malaysia's No 1 Crap Sat...)
I wanna Know If there is any Receiver/decoder that can scan for FTA channels so that i can use ...please if you got any idea ... share it with me thank you

Irene
Malaysia

tabcom
27-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Irene, you don't say what size the Astro Dish is that you have. I have some here that are 65 Cm and although they are on the small side you can usually receive many FTA stations. I have one pointed at Optus B3 and get about 20 FTA stations very easily with good signal quality. Any FTA decoder will scan for transmissions. You will have to learn how to input details such as LNB freq, symbol rates and transponder frequencies. When you have mastered that it is only a matter of pointing the dish at the right satellite and you will have FTA television. A bigger dish, 85 ~ 90 Cm would be better. :)

VK4BKP
27-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Irene,I have a similar question posted today.If I am not mistaken,Astro transmission by the two Measats satellites are encrypted and you have to unencrypt by using a decoder or card reader.I don't know much but how to do it.Still trying to get the right information through this forum Any member willing to give a good guidelines how to go about.FTA receivers may not able to get the subscribed channels,perhaps,if am not mistaken,the Intergrated Card Reader Receiver may do the job but still needs the right information. Anybody please help.

If your asking how to decrypt encrypted channels you are on the wrong forum. This is a Free To Air forum and we do not discuss piracy.

bassett
28-08-2007, 06:22 AM
I think your all forgetting, or simply don't know, But in Malaysia, the only legal satellite dish is an "Astro" service one. There are no FTA frequance's on Astro relatted satellites. It's all pay.
Installing another dish, if it was possable to obtain one in the first place, would result in a knock on the door in the middle of the night..

hasni
29-08-2007, 12:01 PM
You guys are right,might as as well not to try to get free to air sat.channels in Malaysia either by using existing astro dish or oversize frying pans,if you have one.The posibility is that you will be traced and nab whilst in the midst of enjoying the FTA.No choice guys but pay for the crab shows on the air like it or not.The sky here has a limit and every inch of it cost authority money so why gamble.Be a smart jone and will land yourself behind bars.

hasni
29-08-2007, 12:34 PM
A moment ago,I have just mentioned of the risks of FTA transmissions in Malaysia.Unlike Australia,its a vast land country and you may install any size dish you like,nobody bothers.Here,its different everything is controlled.No contractors here will fabricate an oversize sat.dish for you lest they will answer by the authority at later stage.Secondly,eventhough,you manage to fabricate one,it will be obvious for busy body eyes to pass word around seeing such an oversize astro dish and its a matter of time you will receive an unwelcome visitors to your home.Thirdly,it ever you manage to get whatever brand receivers overseas,you will be lucky enough to get through the custom at every entry points.Dont ever gamble my friends,be satisfied of what the authority has to offer.Have a fine day & keep on watching Astro.

hasni
29-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Well Irene,I reckon you are clear now on the list of explanations as to your alternative to FTA beside Astro.We are in the same boat and heading nowhere as far as the FTA is concerned over here.Pay for the sat.transmissions or just be satisfied with the free direct RTM channels.No money no see & no talk,thats the policy here ok!Anything more than that as what some guys advise you to do,better forget or you will have to jump overboard without life jackets on.Good luck dear lady.Just be smart and dont look for troubles,unless you look for it.
Initially,I thought of getting a good receiver overseas,but after goin through forums and from a reliable source,I have to forget of the idea.I dont want to be behind bars or have to pay 10 ten times the price of receiver and/or the existing t.v. transmission fees.Bye for now have a nice day mate!

hasni
29-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Well you guys of the noble forum,please for heaven sake stop giving advice to Malaysian Sat. TV viewers on the idea of getting free sat.transmission.
1. All satellites launched above some 23,000kms above the earth here is being monitored and every cents spent in launching have to be encountered for by the authority.The earth and the space belons to authority,so to speak.
2. Eventhough,you manage to get through FTA channels by using astro dish,it will not be long you will be traced and slap with unecessary problems.
3. Not easy to get through the custom checklines either through S'pore causeway or other entry poits.The customs are trained for the lookout on this item as they are forbidden,just like Adam and the apple story.
4. Perhaps you are not satisfied with FTA on Astro dish and may want a bigger dish for more channels on the air,just tell me where can you get one in Malaysia and I will pay for you,on top of that, where to instal in your garden, rooftops or in your bedrooms?
5.Whether its a free FTA or decoder type of receivers,you still have to go through the control ground stations for access to government owned satellites,and there you are,it will be the end at your end.
So,from the above view points,whatever smart ideas we may have to escape with free FTA,we will eventually be traced by authority and its just a shortlived enjoyment with fear all the time.Why the risks if you dont ask for it.
Nobody stop anybody from doing it but somebody will stop somebody eventually.Nobody is above lawin this matter not even God controlling the sky.Good Luck to Malaysian SAT.enthusiasts.

VK4BKP
29-08-2007, 03:08 PM
I can feel your pain with restricted rights. Don't think we don't have any down here. There's a thing called "council". Especially in posh areas, they tell us we can't put up big dishes.

What it boils down to, is that your risking jail for television. Is it worth it? It's just TV. TV programs over here in Australia are in general utter rubbish anyway. They're not worth going to jail over.

Freedom to watch what you want is nice, but if someone brought in a law that said if you watch channel X we will throw you in jail I don't think I'd bother. If I was going to jail it would have to be for something more worthwhile than the idiot box.

bassett
30-08-2007, 09:16 AM
Well you guys of the noble forum,please for heaven sake stop giving advice to Malaysian Sat. TV viewers on the idea of getting free sat.transmission.

I hope your not including me in that comment M8..

What some people that have posted on this thread have simply NO consept off, is the fact that your govenment controls the media. All the media, not only can't you import receivers, dishes, etc, but the internet is also very restricted by way of what you can access.

Anyway, good luck to you, and every success with your satellite hobby

I can feel your pain with restricted rights. Don't think we don't have any down here. There's a thing called "council". Especially in posh areas, they tell us we can't put up big dishes.

What you failed to say , was that there has never EVER been a successful prosecution, for errecting a satellite dish anywhere in Australia, Sure councils threaten, impose penalities, but it never goes anywhere. Like the example of Fairfield NSW council which impossed a $11.000 fine for a satellite dish on Thaicom some years ago.

Which is unlike Malaysia, Where they simply drag the dish down, without a beg-your-parden, and then drag you of to jail for 6 months or so, to live on a handfull of rice a day, and be someone's boy friend.

How do you think you would go, Mick.. You could tell them what your rights are.

What it boils down to, is that your risking jail for television. Is it worth it? It's just TV. TV programs over here in Australia are in general utter rubbish anyway. They're not worth going to jail over.

Unfortunatly, It goes on all the time, and if you bother with any of the asian forums, these stories are only too common.
People in australia, have no bloody idea just how lucky they are, to be able to live the way we do, and the freedoms we take for granted.

Freedom to watch what you want is nice, but if someone brought in a law that said if you watch channel X we will throw you in jail I don't think I'd bother. If I was going to jail it would have to be for something more worthwhile than the idiot box.

yep, your right, but we could all start up a "MOD" shop enterprise, and all they wanted was to allow people to watch TV, well that was there story anyway. But a millon dollar fine, with a millon dollar court costs sort of stopped them..