PDA

View Full Version : Universal FUJI LNB for Prime focus dish.

blackcrusader
25-11-2004, 05:16 AM
Here are some pics of the universal Fuji with the mount for a prime focus dish. The feedhorn measures 7cm across, a lot more than the standard 3cm for some ku band lnbf's.

I will be running the comparison against the MTI .8db 65dbw gain lnb that I've used so far. Some say it's crap but with 1.8m dishes in 55dbw beams it's not so important.

I will be installing the Fuji on a 2.4m solid for Thaicom 3 Ku band that has an MTI LNB that loses one weak frequency in the mornings. I will use my hummy 5400 and record the signal levels and quality for each LNBF.

Fuji claim this to be an Extreme High Gain LNB with .3db noise figure and 70db gain. We shall soon find out. This is a single polarity LNB. I bought two and they cost me AUD$124 including postage to Taiwan from Kristal Electronics.

VK4BKP
25-11-2004, 06:09 AM
If your LNB is single polarity it's broke! That thing is dual pol both H/V with voltage switching.

blackcrusader
25-11-2004, 07:10 AM
If your LNB is single polarity it's broke! That thing is dual pol both H/V with voltage switching.

OOPS my mistake then, I only saw one pin up the snout.

I havent plugged it in yet... thanks for the advice...

I'm going to plug one on my 1.8m 146E Agila 2 for VTV off 148E KU measat 2

I guess the signal will boom in

Ocean
25-11-2004, 09:20 AM
I posted some photographs of the inside of an LNBF showing how the second probe is engineered. In this case one probe was on the side of the throat and the second probe was etched onto the main printed circuit board.

I spent half an hour looking through old posts and cannot find it !

*Edit :- found this bit...

http://www.vetrun.com/forums/showthread.php?t=900&page=2&pp=15

blackcrusader
25-11-2004, 10:29 AM
I posted some photographs of the inside of an LNBF showing how the second probe is engineered. In this case one probe was on the side of the throat and the second probe was etched onto the main printed circuit board.

I spent half an hour looking through old posts and cannot find it !

*Edit :- found this bit...

http://www.vetrun.com/forums/showthread.php?t=900&page=2&pp=15

Thanks Ocean....

I assume that the lnb setting in the receiver will be universal with a low of 9750 and high of 10600, thats universal 1 in the emetabox, universal 2 is lo 9750 and high 10750, Thaicom3 has these frequencies

12438 H
tp 59 UBC DStv DVB
Irdeto 2 25776 - 2/3 88-4

12479 H
tp 60 UBC DStv DVB
Irdeto 2 27500 - 2/3 88-3

12521 H
p 61 UBC DStv DVB
Irdeto 2 25776 - 2/3 88-1

12562 H
tp 62 UBC DStv DVB
Irdeto 2 25776 - 2/3 88-6

I hope I'm right in assuming that this lnb would pick up those frequencies.

Focal distance is another issue that I'll have to look at as well.

VK4BKP
25-11-2004, 11:23 AM
That LNB wil pick up the lot on Ku no problem. Anything from 10700-12750.

blackcrusader
25-11-2004, 01:01 PM
That LNB wil pick up the lot on Ku no problem. Anything from 10700-12750.

Yes, thanks VK. I've been up on the roof. I tweaked my MTI LNB with my digital sat meter for my Agila 2 KU 1.8m solid in a 54dbw beam. You think I'm nuts with that size dish but you don't get monsoon and typhoon rains to beat, and the FEC is 5/6. The meter reading doesnt give me dbw but a level in 10's and single units and can be attenuated or offset once.

I got the MTI to peak at 178 units, which includes attenuating the meter.

The Fuji maxed out at 199 units as I can't attenuate it anymore. The Hummy receiver levels don't help cause they max out at 100% level and quality, so I'm sure I've got enough signal hehehe.

Now the real test will come when I try it on my customers 12438 Freq for Thaicom 3, which most mornings seems to be just under signal lock.

If the Fuji can increase the gain by 10% as it has on the the meter then my customer will be happy.

Photo's to come next week after I've done a readings test with the hummy on the MTI & Fuji, the Signal & quality levels are more likey to be around 15% on the hummy so tweaking for each 1% gain in quality will be a lot of fun.

I'm going back up the roof now to play around with my AS2 Cband LNB on my 2.4m solid, which has the prime lnb on AS3. Seems my position for the beam has caused quite a stir in my other post. I will also be trying for Sinosat KU at 110E later on sometime as well.

VK4BKP
25-11-2004, 02:34 PM
Glad it works. The Fuji may not be better on all signals since frequency response is often not flat but it will be interesting to see.

blackcrusader
01-12-2004, 11:40 AM
Glad it works. The Fuji may not be better on all signals since frequency response is often not flat but it will be interesting to see.

OK guys read this.....

Freq 12479 went from 18% quality to 38% quality this was the weakest transponder. The final position was 33%.... read below

12562 went from 20% to 14%, then I re-tuned the lnb for a better return and got the sig qual upto 33%, which dropped the above freq.

12521 went from 28% quality to 51% fluctuating to 49%.. rain was lightly falling..

12438 went from 20% upto 35%....

All comparisaons were measured on my Humax 5400

Pics to follow later on....

I will be replacing another MTI on a 1.8m Thaicom3 dish with another Fuji next week. Customer unhappy with his installer.... I'm sure he'll be pleaseantly surpised by the extra gain.

VK4BKP
01-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Yes for reasons that we have yet to come up with a theory for, peaking for one transponder can drop another that may require a different focus point or other adjustment. But it looks like your tests show the Fuji to be better than the MTI overall.

bassett
01-12-2004, 11:35 PM
By the look of your pictures, the fuji and the MTI are using the same case, and there's also a few other brands using the same design in cast alum inner cases, with a plastic
rap-a-round case

blackcrusader
02-12-2004, 07:03 AM
By the look of your pictures, the fuji and the MTI are using the same case, and there's also a few other brands using the same design in cast alum inner cases, with a plastic
rap-a-round case

Here's an MTI KU for prime focus, compare that with the Fuji, totally different construction.

blackcrusader
02-12-2004, 07:05 AM
Compare the signal level and quality readings.... amazing difference. The MTI has less than half the quality of the Fuji.... now that's a dramatic increase gain with the Fuji.

Typhoon blowing thru this weekend so customer will let me know how it compares with before.

I had to really find a compromise spot for the LNB. I had to fiddle around to get all the transponders with good quality readings. The arms have to positions for the bolts and I had to use the last hole making the arms have a slightly longer and higher position, then I had to play around with the skew and focal point to get all tp's signal quality to a good level, with the weakest now over 33%, and the 521 running at 51%.

No more dropouts of signal in the mornings.

bassett
03-12-2004, 04:43 AM
Now compair it with a MTI AP8 TWF Universal Prime focus LNB. Its also very close to a Atlanta AK 300IN universal without the blue plastic case.

And I agree your picture is total differant in design,

VK4BKP
03-12-2004, 04:54 AM
I had an MTI AP8 TWF here for testing for a while. It's about as similar to the Fuji as chalk is to cheese. The scalar rings on the Fuji are considerably larger and the entire LNBF is a sealed unit unlike the MTI where the feedhorn can be removed. They look different, they perform differently.

bassett
04-12-2004, 07:33 AM
oop's

jsat
11-12-2004, 02:01 PM
ok guy's where can i buy the fuji from here in oz anywhere..

regards jsat

VK4BKP
11-12-2004, 07:11 PM
Kristal electronics in Townsville have them. Not sure where else.

schippy75
08-01-2005, 08:01 AM
Looks like its time to buy a FUJI Universal LNB.

blackcrusader
25-11-2007, 05:00 AM
I'm now usingthem on 3m solids and work fine. A real bitch to tune ku on a 3m but does work wonders. :D

gavatron
25-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Hope i get one of them in th Xmas stocking.:D :D

blackcrusader
25-11-2007, 07:14 PM
Hope i get one of them in th Xmas stocking.:D :D

Kristal electronics in Townsville have them :D :D

gavatron
26-11-2007, 12:16 AM
Allso interested in one of thouse mothers of a multiswitchs you have BC (8 in 9 out i think)
How much to land on here in Aus?:)

Well done on the DX of Aurora..

blackcrusader
26-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Allso interested in one of thouse mothers of a multiswitchs you have BC (8 in 9 out i think)
How much to land on here in Aus?:)

Well done on the DX of Aurora..

thats an 8 in 12 out... 220V will check a price and pm that for you I have to check the EMS postage costs

gavatron
26-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Sweet..12 even better.:)
Thanks BC..:)

EyeN3Sky
02-12-2007, 03:46 AM
Sounds like a good LNB :D

I have got a 1.8m Prime focus dish currently with a Dual Polarity Ku 11300 LNB

would this universal LNB take the place of my old LNB or would I still need it, & need to set up another dish,

Do you guys think this Universal LNB is worth buying , or is there something better now ?

Thanks, :)

bassett
03-12-2007, 02:45 AM
There's nothing wrong with using a universial LNB, But at the moment, there is very little programming, that needs one.

MrElectricity
03-12-2007, 01:58 PM
thats an 8 in 12 out... 220V will check a price and pm that for you I have to check the EMS postage costs

Any joy on costing a 8 X 12 switch?

blackcrusader
10-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Any joy on costing a 8 X 12 switch?

Yes Sorry delivered anywhere in OZ AUD$220

MrElectricity
10-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Yes Sorry delivered anywhere in OZ AUD$220

Thanks mate I really want to try one PM me any time with the details

wiilliiss
11-12-2007, 10:31 AM
do you have a 16 +1 in & 8 out version?

blackcrusader
29-01-2008, 10:04 AM
do you have a 16 +1 in & 8 out version?

16 in 32 out... will ask about 16 and terriedtiral plus 32 out

the more inouts the more outputs they put on them

wiilliiss
29-01-2008, 11:12 AM
can get a 16+1 & 8 out over here. what is the power supply,transformer or switch mode?

MrElectricity
04-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Power to the switch I got from Blackcrusader is 220V AC with Asian 2 pin plug just cut the plug off and connect to standard Aust/NZ plug colour code is same as Aust/NZ standards that is brown and blue.

wiilliiss
05-02-2008, 09:44 AM
why I asked about the psu is those asian 220v transformers dont like 240v for long. switch-mode psu s no problem.

bangalore
11-03-2008, 01:42 PM
i ALSO HAVE A FUJI LNB IT WORK GREAT FOR THAICOM KU BUT DOSENT WORK GREAT FOR AGILA2 AND EUROBIRD 2 CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY

blackcrusader
11-03-2008, 04:37 PM
i ALSO HAVE A FUJI LNB IT WORK GREAT FOR THAICOM KU BUT DOSENT WORK GREAT FOR AGILA2 AND EUROBIRD 2 CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY

Could be the tuning of the lnb. What size dish are you using?

I use the Fuji just for Thaicom5 KU installs.

Suniljay
12-03-2008, 05:12 AM
the parts when you buy for this FJUI LNB SS1- T20 come lose in the nicely packed Box.
I feel it would have been ideal if FUJI provided a skectch assembly part of it.

when everything assembled to get the LNB , you will find the plate with 3 hole anchor is not truly 90deg but with and angle of 4-5DEg.
Is this normal should I bend the holding plates.

Appreciate some one would guide me please
thanks

wiilliiss
12-03-2008, 09:49 AM
dont worry about it.

bangalore
21-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Could be the tuning of the lnb. What size dish are you using?

I use the Fuji just for Thaicom5 KU installs.
Hi blackcrusader,

Sir I Tested the FUJI LNB with Thaicom5 The Signal was very good around 65-70% .

But when I tested the LNB with Agila2 and Eurobird2 I didnt find any signal for Agila and Eurobird the signal was not good.

I am a bit confused why Its working fine only for Thaicom not for other satellites.

Did anyone Checked FUJI with AGILA or Any other Satellite ...

Regards,
BLR

Hogi
23-04-2008, 07:46 AM
I also have the Fuji prime focus lnb as well as a SAMART lnb which is identical in every way to the Fuji.I managed to drag in approx 100 Foxtel/ Austar channels of C1 here in south Auckland using the Fuji and a 1.8 solid spun dish( extremely accurate dish ) some say 3m upwards here but i have seen with my own eyes that 1.8 can do it. Anyway back to subject, the Samart lnb performed consistantly 2% better than the Fuji no matter the amount of tweaking i did on Fuji...maybe the Samart is Fuji in drag...but they are both very good lnbs. I have a Invacom also and it is struggling to perform like Fuji & Samart...value for money the latter take the cake. Pity we can't try before buy....i would send Invacom back.

wiilliiss
23-04-2008, 11:59 AM
where did your samart lnb come from?

Hogi
23-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Got it from friend in Thailand...looks like they are made there. Do Google search, i found this but looks like all sites are in Thai. Link below. http://www.satthai.tv/lnb.php

bangalore
09-09-2008, 11:56 AM
As far as FUJI LNB is concerned I tested them in INDIA where Thaicom KU or Agila signal is not available.

As far as my experience is concerned I can say that FUJI is good for Thaicom only.

When we tested it with 13E , 25.5 or Agila FUJI failed to perform well.

In those 3 satellites YURI performed well.

Ocean
09-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Can you suggest a reason why the LNB should work better on certain satellites ?

blackcrusader
09-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Can you suggest a reason why the LNB should work better on certain satellites ?

Yeah, Bangalore was using the prime focus on an offset dish :eek:

Ocean
09-09-2008, 05:00 PM

That is not exactly a set of scientific, repeatable observations then .....is it !:)

blackcrusader
14-09-2008, 10:34 AM
That is not exactly a set of scientific, repeatable observations then .....is it !:)

Well it wuld help if some people who were posting on many forums actually knew the difference between LNB types instead of just stating that Prime Focus dishes were no good.

twometerdish
15-09-2008, 04:52 AM
Well it wuld help if some people who were posting on many forums actually knew the difference between LNB types instead of just stating that Prime Focus dishes were no good.

The reason they thought Prime focus not good was because for them Prime focus means Mesh with around 12 ribs for a 12 feet! Now imagine how accurate its curvature would be.

bangalore
20-11-2008, 01:11 PM

Hello @blackcrusader,

Who told you I was using Primefocus LNB on a offset dish lol:eek: .

I know the difference. Do not misguide people by giving wrong statements.

Hi to all members who want any guidence regarding FUJI.

Fuji is a very good LNB but again I say what I said before, FUJI I tested on Each and every satellite like AGILA, Eurobird2, Eurobird 9 , Hotbird and many other satellites using my 6 feet & 10 feet Prime focus Fiber Dish.

I got very good result in Thaicom Ku band Fuji increased my signal by 20 to 30%.

Where as when we tested the FUJI for Eurobiord2,Eurobird 9, Hotbird, AGILA it failed to get us signal. When we replaced the same lnb with ordinary LNB we get signals from all the satellites.

ONLY FUJI PERFORMED WELL IN THAICOM.

Point to be noted I Tested FUJI LNB on all Out of footprint satellites.

Only Eurobird 2 has footprints but there also FUJI failed. it gave only 30% signal where as other ordinary lnb gave me 60 to 65% signal.

I was really shocked by FUJI results. Seems FUJI is some Satellite dependent LNB only made for Thaicom Ku.

I also used YURI Primefocus LNB on all the satellites YURI gave me far better signal than FUJI.

As far as cost of YURI & FUJI is concerned there is a lot difference.

But I Inserted YURI LNB in Ku Collar clamp and with C band Spiral it gave me more signal when I inserted YURI inside C band Spiral.

I will post the snaps.

Thanks,
Bye

MrElectricity
20-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Excellent feed back there bangalore, well done ;)

blackcrusader
20-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Hello @blackcrusader,

I know the difference. Do not misguide people by giving wrong statements.Thanks,Bye

You told me on RDI.... you were using offset KU band dishes... and just not so long ago this year

which feedhorn u use for KU lnbs on prime focus Antenna?

Can I use this Norsat DRO 8115 Extended C band LNB.. for receiving C Band... Satellites.?

Yes mate you use Cband lnb's on cband satellites

bangalore
22-11-2008, 08:35 PM
I never told you mr blackcrusader on RDI or any of the forum.

The PFA KU LNBS comes with Collar Ku Clamp & I think you have already shown that on the First page of this thread . I used FUJI with FUJI collar clamp itself.

The other PFA KU lnb I had was Universal Brand That has Ku on Top and C band on bottom that comes with there own Spiral.

Third LNB I used was YURI that I fitted both in Collar clamp & for R&D I used it with Spiral also.

Thanks

Apsattv
23-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Hello @blackcrusader,

I know the difference. Do not misguide people by giving wrong statements.

Hi to all members who want any guidence regarding FUJI.

Fuji is a very good LNB but again I say what I said before, FUJI I tested on Each and every satellite like AGILA, Eurobird2, Eurobird 9 , Hotbird and many other satellites using my 6 feet & 10 feet Prime focus Fiber Dish.

I got very good result in Thaicom Ku band Fuji increased my signal by 20 to 30%.

Where as when we tested the FUJI for Eurobiord2,Eurobird 9, Hotbird, AGILA it failed to get us signal. When we replaced the same lnb with ordinary LNB we get signals from all the satellites.

ONLY FUJI PERFORMED WELL IN THAICOM.

Without using a real meter to measure your results are pretty meaningless! it make no sense when you state the Fuji only performed well on Thaicom.

blackcrusader
23-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Without using a real meter to measure your results are pretty meaningless! it make no sense when you state the Fuji only performed well on Thaicom.

Well some people have been known to install KU band LNB's on MESH dishes as well. I never install mesh dishes only solids..... typhoons just rip a mesh to shreds

I have used a speccy with my installs.... Fuji on a 1.2m on 124E and 128E KU for skyperfect.... Carrier Noise only 23DB lol.....

On Agila 146E CN a mere 22 DB on a 1.8m

On Thaicom5 KU with a 3M ( way out of footprint ) CN 11DB. Also used the fuji on quite a few other satellties with 11000 freq range and works very well.

However the Fuji does have a very narrow skew and FD and it takes quite a bit to really tweak them to maximize the signals.

bangalore
25-11-2008, 10:11 AM
Yes I agree that Fuji take a bit time to Tweak but in some satellites it really failed even I thought that my piece is fauilt I brought a new one and tested it also gave me same results.

As far as testing with meter I tested the same on my Promax.

Apsattv
25-11-2008, 11:46 AM
are you sure it was a real Fuji and not some Chinese copy?

bangalore
27-11-2008, 07:15 AM
@Apsattv I dont think LNBs have DNA test to prove it was original or clone.

The LNB was imported from Singapore & there is a big company here who imported these LNBs and the rate at which they sell these LNBs that is original LNB rate only.

Its box was same to same which we see in 1st page of the thread with all the details same to same.

I know one clone of this lnb is sold in DUBAI market but that name is FUJI GOLD .

This was not that one.

Thats all what I can say abt the LNB.

Eddy39
16-01-2009, 12:15 PM
Anyone knows who sells Fuji KU LNB for my friend's Edwards solid prime focus?, tried Kristal but none available. Anywhere else or something similar?. Thanks

blackcrusader
03-04-2010, 03:47 AM
By the way I have used the Fiji on these 3m solids I use for Thaicom5

They work nearly as well as my Norsat LNB's.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8872/jimsdishes.png

bangalore
30-04-2010, 08:15 AM
I have couple of FUJI to sell. let me know if anyone need

bangalore
07-05-2010, 06:01 AM
By the way I have used the Fiji on these 3m solids I use for Thaicom5

They work nearly as well as my Norsat LNB's.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8872/jimsdishes.png

blackcrusader did you used Norsat or Invocom with Flange feedhorn and compared Fuji with that ?

blackcrusader
09-05-2010, 08:39 AM
blackcrusader did you used Norsat or Invocom with Flange feedhorn and compared Fuji with that ?

Norsat is a prime focus LNB using a standard feedhorn and flange.

Yes it's better than a Fuji.

www.norsat.com please stop sending me pms on many forums asking me to tell you what Norsat to use. NORSAT can make you an lnb tailored to your own requirements.

SO you need to know what you need and I cannot tell you that.

Especially the Cband Microwave Filters and LNB's ok. I use standard KU Feehorns and flanges for a single LNB install and a special LNB Flange to hold 2KU LNB and 2 CBAND LNB and Filters for a multi lnb on single dish like thaicom c / ku but I use this for a multi C KU LNB install.

Feedhorn mounts plus 2 x cband Norsat LNB and microwave filters plus 2 x KU band Norsat LNB plus this feedhorn will cost in Excess of US$2000 and thats with out a dish or install. Both the C band and KU band can both be independantly adjusted for focal distance and skew.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8434/norsat.jpg

Just what the average home user will spend :)

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/354/patriotckufeehorn2.jpg

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3023/patriotckufeehorn1.jpg

bangalore
09-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Norsat is a prime focus LNB using a standard feedhorn and flange.

Yes it's better than a Fuji.

www.norsat.com please stop sending me pms on many forums asking me to tell you what Norsat to use. NORSAT can make you an lnb tailored to your own requirements.

SO you need to know what you need and I cannot tell you that.

Especially the Cband Microwave Filters and LNB's ok. I use standard KU Feehorns and flanges for a single LNB install and a special LNB Flange to hold 2KU LNB and 2 CBAND LNB and Filters for a multi lnb on single dish like thaicom c / ku but I use this for a multi C KU LNB install.

Feedhorn mounts plus 2 x cband Norsat LNB and microwave filters plus 2 x KU band Norsat LNB plus this feedhorn will cost in Excess of US$2000 and thats with out a dish or install. Both the C band and KU band can both be independantly adjusted for focal distance and skew.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8434/norsat.jpg

Just what the average home user will spend :)

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/354/patriotckufeehorn2.jpg

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3023/patriotckufeehorn1.jpg

Thanks for explaining ....